We are in michigan and my husband is going to have to close his small business, a pizza franchise. is there any way to get compensation for loss of income between the time he closes the store and finds another job?

Well, there is unemployment, but your business is charged for that, unless he paid in to the system previously and can go back on a previous employer. If you have any assets to sell that is the best way. My husband and I have gone through that before, it’s best to sell any assets, or get creative(garage sale, some kind of service offered). You will survive!!! You might be able to get food stamps, we have never gone that route, but it may be a possibility. If he owns the assets to the business try an auction house that specializes in that, but check them out really good!!!!